Installing ADAMO on a UNIX machine
[Contents] [Next Page] [Prev Page] [Up] [Index] [Figure] [How to Search]
Chapter A -
A.7 - Installing ADAMO on a UNIX machine
ADAMO is written in Fortran and should run on any machine with a suitable compiler; it has been installed on VAX (VMS), IBM (VM/CMS and NEWLIB) and a range of UNIX machines. Machine dependencies are explained in Appendix A of the ADAMO Programmers Manual.
For UNIX based machines the installation procedure is the following:
As shown in Figure A.7, the installation script will create the following directories and files:
- you should have the CERN libraries installed (at least version 93c),
- From vxcern, you can copy the ADAMO files from disk$aleph1:[adamoman.export]. You need 3 files: adamo3x3.car contains the source code in PATCHY format. adamo_var_setup.XXX, where XXX is a kind of machine (e.g. sun, dec), initialises some variables for the installation script. patchystyle.installation details the procedure of installing ADAMO. Read it and follow the instructions to obtain the installation script from the adamo3x3.car file.
If you have any problems with the installation of ADAMO you can contact Steve Fisher at Rutherford Appleton Laboratory for advice (e-mail to S.M.Fisher@rl.ac.uk).
- 3.3/bin: the executable for the tools (mad, ti and tip).
- 3.3/lib: the ADAMO libraries. The TAP library is named libtap.a and will be used by the TAP programmers.
- 3.3/include: include files that will be used by the TAP programmer.
- 3.3/example: all source files of an example based on cars.
- 3.3/guide: files related to the examples given in this guide.
BR and MR - CERN PTG - ADAMO Users Guide for Version 3.3 - 11 Oct 93